Abbey Creek produces about 500-700 cases per year and are pretty much DTC driven. When we got to the Downtown location in North Plains, OR, there were about 10 people in the tasting room. It is quaint and has the potential to be a great place to come have some wine with friends and maybe have some snacky type items available. I see lots of fluffy couches.
The wine club is limited to 50 people as of right now, which makes his wine club a must "get into". Bertony is a great entertainer. He was pouring for everyone and maintaining a great conversations among all his guests. You can tell he is totally in his element and is not rattled easily when his tasting room is full! He gives great attention to each and every person who walks through the door.
If you get a chance to go down and visit, it will be well worth it! Tell him Kim said hi!
Here are the wines we sampled:
- 2013 Chardonnay - Very crisp and lively. Slightly acidic on the finish.
- 2013 white blend Melange Blanc - Stone fruit, very soft yummy finish. Think of the Green jolly rancher.
- 2013 Rose Blend - Strawberries, very sweet at the tip then softens and has a little zing on the finish.
- 2011 Pinot Noir - This was a wet cool year. Earthy, wet stone. Spice pepper and cherry.
- 2012 Pinot Noir - This weather was dry which produced a low yield of grapes. Light pepper on the nose. Carmel and coffee slightly dry on the finish. Very very nice. Like this wine alot. This will be released to wine club in August.
- 2012 Baco Noir - Very big on the nose. Fruit forward. Slightly sweet finish although sweet