Colorado’s approximately 100 wineries grow European-style grapes, and have had tremendous success with cool-climate varieties like Riesling, Gewürztraminer and Cabernet Franc. The Colorado Wine Industry Development Board is the conference's primary sponsor.
This year the Founders of Drinklocalwine.com will be hosting the conference in Denver, featuring Colorado Wines. Founders Washington Post wine columnist Dave McIntyre and wine blogger Jeff Siegel, the Wine Curmudgeon.
We will be doing a Blind Tasting pairing three Colorado Wines with three California Wines...
We are also have a Twitter Taste-off with 23 of Colorado's Wineries. Here is the complete list of wineries attending: View the Wineries section of the website to get to the specific winery.
To join in on the Twitter Taste Off, use these hashtags #drinklocal and #colwine
- BookCliff Vineyards, Boulder
- Settembre Cellars, Boulder
- Creekside Cellars, Evergreen
- The Infinite Monkey Theorem, Denver
- Ruby Trust Cellars, Castle Rock
- Redstone Meadery, Boulder
- Grande River Vineyards, Palisade
- Canyon Wind Cellars, Palisade
- Garrett Estate Cellars, Olathe
- Jack Rabbit Hill, Redlands Mesa
- Spero Winery, Denver
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey, Canon City
- J.A.Balistreri Vineyards, Denver
- Snowy Peaks Winery, Estes Park
- Bonacquisti Wine Company, Denver
- Colterris Wines, Palisade
- Boulder Creek Winery, Boulder
- Mesa Park Vineyards, Palisade
- Vino Salida Wine Cellars, Salida
- Sutcliffe Vineyards, Cortez
- Guy Drew Vineyards, Cortez
- Desert Moon Vineyards, Englewood
- Whitewater Hill Vineyards, Grand Junction
- Turquoise Mesa Winery, Broomfield