The Drink Local 2012 Wine Conference was a huge success.
Thanks to the panelist for the discussions that were held:
Colorado's Terroir and the Challenges of High Altitude. Moderator: Richard Leahy, national wine consultant. Panelists: Steve Menke, PhD, Associate Professor of Enology, Colorado State University; Horst Caspari, Professor & State Viticulturist, Colorado State University; Bruce Talbott, Talbott Farms.
Local Food, Local Wine, and Why They Don’t Like Each Other. Moderator: Dave McIntyre, Washington Post and co-founder DrinkLocalWine. Panelists: Rene Chazottes, Pacific Club, Newport Beach, Calif.; Evan Faber, Salt, Boulder; Jensen Cummings, Row 14, Denver.
Consumer Perception of Colorado and Regional Wine. Moderator: Rich Mauro, Colorado Springs Gazette. Panelists: Jay Leeuwenburg, Colorado Academy; Jennifer Broome, Fox 31; Chris Anthony, Chris Anthony Adventures.
The Blind Tasting between Colorado and California Wines...
- Guy Drew 2009 Riesling vs. Bonterra California 2010 Riesling = Winner Colorado's Guy Drew
- BookCliff 2010 Viognier vs. Arrowood 2007 Vionier = Winner Colorado's BookCliff
- Turquoise Mesa 2009 Cabernet Franc vs. Lang & Reed 2009 Cabernet Franc = Winner Turquoise Mesa
The winners of the Twitter Taste off were:
- Guy Drew Vineyards 2011 Pinot Gris - Best White Wine
- Ruby Trust Cellars 2009 The Smuggler - Best Red Wine
- Guy Drew Vineyards 2011 Pinot Gris - People's Choice
- Redstone Meadery Nectar of the Hops Meade - Media's Choice